7TH INTERNATIONAL AND INTERDISCIPLINARY CONFERENCE
ON APPLIED LINGUISTICS AND PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
The 7th ALAPP-Conference will be hosted by the Research Centre for Multilingual Practice and Language Learning in Society and held at Ghent University, Belgium, 21-23 November 2017.
COMMUNICATION, INTERACTION AND QUALITY OF SERVICE
The ALAPP conference aims to bring together scholars from different disciplinary backgrounds, especially language and communication research and professional specialities (e.g. business, education, health, immigration and border control, journalism, law, organizational practice & administration, police work, research, therapy, social care and welfare, translation and interpreting).
ALAPP welcomes contributions on any topic linking professional and occupational practice with language and communication issues.
Conference themes include:
- Identity construction in professional communication
- Globalisation-affected multilingualism in the professions
- Use of lingua franca in professional encounters
- Multimodality in professional practice
- Professional practice, discourse and the new media
- The role of translation and interpreting in professional practice
- Language policy and practice in the professions
- Linguistic, interactional and communicative training for professionals
The submission of proposals opens on 22 February 2017. Proposal categories include panels, individual presentations (oral or poster) and work-in-progress roundtable contributions.